Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Pills

Quite a bit has happened in the last month. Aside from starting my weight loss goals and working out, I have also been to the doctor to discuss my postpartum depression.

First things first. Since starting my workouts and diet plan, I have lost a total of 12 pounds. I took a brief hiatus from working out because I was feeling rather ugh-y from two periods in three weeks... the joys of re-entering the non-pregnant state. I am going to start my workout regimen again next week... the Biggest Loser workout tapes are on request from the library.

The next most important thing that happened was that I was diagnosed with postpartum and was prescribed some "happy pills". I am no longer the "Mother from H---" and the boys are very happy about that. Honestly, though, it was very apparent to me that I was not reacting the same way I usually do and couldn't seem to enjoy anything about my life. That is not normal for me. Now, I feel like I am myself again and am not overwhelmed or having a breakdown when I have to leave the house. I am enjoying my children again.

Jeremiah is going to be turning three this June. We are planning a school curriculum for him and it will consist of (most likely) four subjects: music, Bible, reading and math. I have already begun his Bible teaching. We have a "Bible book" that I read to him during his breakfast time and we are learning one verse a week. He has learned Genesis 1:1 and is currently learning Genesis 1:27... he has been asking to "learn another one" which shows me that he is enjoying his education and is ready for more.

Well, that is my family update for now.

Jeremiah grabbed the home phone from me and was pushing buttons (which he knows is not allowed) and when I asked him about it he said, "I'm talking to someone... CHILL!"

Gotta deal with that boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment