Monday, October 26, 2009

Getting ready

Have you ever heard of the nesting instinct? In my reading, I have been told of some rather strange impulses that pregnant women have before giving birth. One woman was completely obsessed with polishing all the doorknobs in her home. Bizarre and pointless.

My nesting instinct typically has to do with actual preparation, such as getting the nursery completed, one last housecleaning, and packing for the hospital trip. We finally completed all those tasks within the last couple of weekends. Saturday, I took the opportunity to pack for Jeremiah and myself to be gone for a few days, took a nap (because the activity wiped me out) and woke up with very strong contractions. Talk about timing.

My contractions lasted virtually all night, which didn't allow me to sleep much at all. Since they continued to be naggy, I visited the hospital after church and got checked out. The update is that my cervix is very soft and I am beginning to dilate. They are not certain when true labor will begin, but I just need to go home and deal with these pesky contractions until something stronger and more frequent occurs.

My next doctor visit is this Wednesday... we'll see if there is any progression then.

No comments:

Post a Comment