Monday, November 2, 2009

Apple Crisp

--Update 11/3/09... 2 a.m. --

I snacked a little bit on the apple crisp, since we didn't get around to eating dessert after supper.... it's not bad. I actually like the taste. Next time, I will probably add some extra spices (like ginger). I think it will add a little something special.

I found this recipe while looking for something to make with a bag of apples that were given to us... I made it just this morning and it smells heavenly, so I thought I'd share it. Obviously, a recipe for two wouldn't work for my family, so I doubled it. Let me know how it turns out for you, if you double or triple the recipe for yourself.


Cook Time: 30 minutes

Serves 2

Ingredients:
2 cups peeled, cored, and sliced apples
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup oats
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 tablespoons soft butter


I also added about 1 cup of chopped pecans (since I had some leftover from another project)... purely optional.

Preparation:
Directions for apple crisp Place apples in a buttered 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter. Mix until crumbly; sprinkle over apples. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is nicely browned. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment