Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Weighty Issue

Since getting married, I have gained an inordinate amount of weight.
At our wedding (size 10)
My size 8 jeans met Jeremy in 2006... after being married for 6 months (just prior to getting pregnant), I was a size 16. Now, don't get me wrong... numbers aren't everything. But, according to my BMI and all that junk, I am officially obese.

(nearly present day... at a 2x)

After having Jeremiah, I really tried to be active and walked 3 miles roundtrip to the library... but didn't lose much of anything. During my pregnancy with Jonah, we were riding our bikes 8 1/2 miles until the doctor told me to stop. Now, I am at a lovely 230 pounds after pregnancy. I am baring all because I want the encouragement from everyone to know exactly where I am at physically.

Last week, I started interval training. I have spoken with my cousin and my brother (who are both fitness buffs) and they have encouraged me by giving some ideas of how I can exercise without spending money or going outside (since it is a balmy 4 degrees today).

Unfortunately, despite running between chairs and fitness tapes with Kathy Lee Gifford (which actually packs a punch) and some stretching yoga for an off day, I have NOT LOST A SINGLE POUND (I actually gained half a pound).

Today, I picked up some discounted frozen meals that help me count calories easier rather than trying to figure out what and how much I can eat of the food I make for the rest of the family. Jeremy is a carb freak... and I can't eat that or I get fat (as evidenced). So, I am now stocked up for at least a week of prepackaged meals to help me get started.

I will try to check in and update you (and myself) weekly so we can see progress... hopefully for the better.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!!! I will definitely be praying and try to help ask you how you are doing, workouts and eating. One thing I've always tried to do, is watch portion sizes. Suggestion: the frozen meals you bought, try making them, putting 1/2 in a container for the next meal, before you even sit down to eat. Then if you are still hungry keep some fresh veges around to much on. I know that will be easier in the summer, but I'm sure they import some up to no man's land. ;-) Love you! I'm proud of you girl!

    ReplyDelete