Monday, August 2, 2010

Day One on South Beach

Well, my day is half over and as I write, I have a plate of my attempted omlette on my lap. It turned out to be just a layer of egg (because I had too much I tried stuffing inside, it wouldn't fold) and scattered all over the top is a mixture of tomatos, orange pepper, turkey bacon, and mozzarella cheese. Honestly, it's not half bad.

My major concern is that I am badly craving my dairy right now. From everything I have read and people I have spoken to, cravings go away after about 4 days. Just waiting.

To start, I had to go shopping for key items for this new "way of life". Alongside my healthy choices, peppers, turkey bacon, ricotta cheese, nuts, etc. was also chocolate ice cream and orange juice. My family is not going on this diet with me, so these temptations will still be in the house with me while I am working to change my health and my weight (bummer for naturally thin and healthy husband and children).

Another struggle I am realizing is that I just do not take care of myself the way I ought to. Even though this is a diet where you don't need to be hungry... as usual, I am too distracted with my children to take care of my needs. This is not just a new phenomenon. Even when I am NOT dieting, I'm always hungry... I just tend to over-eat the wrong things once I do take the opportunity to stuff my face.

I did weigh myself first thing this morning... and I have stayed steady at 221 pounds. I am hoping to break the 220 mark sometime this week.

Have a wonderful day of eating healthy and wise!

No comments:

Post a Comment