Friday, July 30, 2010

South Beach Diet

Obviously, since marriage and children I have needed to lose weight. I can't seem to get out of the 220s, though.

I have been inspired by a friend to try the South Beach Diet which consists of 3 phases. The first phase is the most restrictive and lasts for at least 2 weeks (maybe a 3rd depending on my motivation and whether I think I need it). The second phase lasts until I have reached my goal weight and the third phase is just the maintenance for the rest of my life. It seems like a very reasonable way to go.

Seeing as how I have a couple of weeks before my first vacation this year (we have a total of three planned), I am going to start this tomorrow and see how it works for me.

Breakfast

Protein: Quantity is not limited.
Vegetables: Minimum 1/2 cup.
Fruit: None
Starch: None
Milk: None
Fat: 1 tsp mayonnaise or oil (optional)

Lunch

Protein: Quantity is not limited.
Vegetables: Minimum 2 cups.
Fruit: None
Starch: None
Milk: None
Fat: 1 Tbsp mayonnaise or oil.

Snack

Snacks are required. Choose from the Protein or Vegetable list, or eat nuts from the Fats list.

Dinner

Protein: Quantity is not limited.
Vegetables: Minimum 2 cups.
Fruit: None
Starch: None
Milk: None
Fat: 1 Tbsp mayonnaise or oil.


And, remember, this is only phase one. The choices are limited for 2 weeks and then I can start adding in fruit and dairy and some starches.

No comments:

Post a Comment