Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Making a change

My friend, Ivana, asked that I move my journaling from Xanga to Blogspot with her. Since it doesn't seem like anyone reads my rambling accounts anyway, I figured "what's the harm?" So, here I am.

My aim in this so-called journaling is to keep an account of my growing family. My husband, Jeremy, and I "met" back in September 2005. I was living in Missouri at the time and we were both utilizing a Christian website to find relationships since our respective churches didn't have anyone our own age to consider. We had both come to the end of searching, thinking that God must have singleness in mind when we found each other. Jeremy saw that I matched him 100% (I didn't show him anywhere on my "matching" radar having very strong opinions on skinny, short men) and decided to message me. He said he really liked my picture.
I thought he was nuts. But that's how our romance started. I figured anyone who actually "liked" my picture had to be just as quirky or eccentric as I was... and I was right.

After chatting and talking on the phone for about two months, I drove to Wisconsin for a weekend retreat and met Jeremy in person. We decided, after that weekend, that barring an act of God we would get married. And we did... four months later.

Now, nearly four years later, we have almost* two sons: Jeremiah William (2 years, 4 months) and Jonah (who will be joining us in November) and two dogs:

Opie Dopie (my dog from before marriage) and Carlie Symon (a recent addition to our family).
My hope is that this new format will allow me to place my ramblings in a decent format in an easy manner (so far, the picture uploading caused me a bit of a headache trying to figure it out)... that I may even theologize or discuss books and recipes or anything else that pops in my head. But, I am going to give it my best effort. Love you, Ivana... just for you.

Well, let's forge ahead. I've got a busy day coming.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, dear friend!! Your blog looks great!! I am so glad we moved, hahaha:) I haven't tried uploading any pics yet, so that I can't really help with that yet. But, if you would like a quick and easy blog skin, you may click on my blogsite, on the little gadget in the top left corner, and they will guide you from there.
    I'm so glad you're here:))))

    ReplyDelete